Japanese Car Enthusiasts and Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Japanese Car Enthusiasts and Owners

The Group Dedicated to Japanese Cars and Their Owners/Enthusiasts

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

mk1 mr2 trackday car

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
neil c

Number of posts : 17
Drives : nissan 200sx s14
Registration date : 2008-08-03

mk1 mr2 trackday car Empty
PostSubject: mk1 mr2 trackday car   mk1 mr2 trackday car EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 8:31 pm

well about a year and a half a go, while at uni a few of us decided that we were going to build a trackday car. as most of us found the course rubbish and left the uni, i ended up with the peugeot 205 xs that we'd bought to build it up into my own trackday car. the car needed so much work its just been sat at my grandparents house since then, just to annoy them. but around the same time, my dad then decided he also would like a cheap, fun trackday car to use on a small budget. having discussed with him for many nights, he asked me what a thought about a mk1 mr2. i spent half the night laughing as i thought it was a stupid idea. lol!
anyway, one night on ebay and a 500 quid bid we ended up going for a trip to brummie land to pick the car up.
when we got it home we prepared it by flushing the brake fluid and replacing with some ap551 racing fluid. that and adding some ducting to the front brakes have been the only modification (apart from a slight diet - carpets etc removed) to the car.
its been used for over 12 trackdays in the last year, by me, my dad (seeing as its his car!), and even my granddad! seeing as it was a sole track car we could push it to the limit and its never missed a beat, apart from some brake issues with some standard pads, (now trying some ebc yellowstuff).
as u may say it was 500 quid well spent. so not really much of a project thread but more 'what you can do on the cheap'. the car always upsets more powerful cars at oulton and angelsey where we usually go. so here are a couple of pictures of the car at angelsey september 2007 and remember the suspension is standard so the roll is comedy!!
cheers

neil

mk1 mr2 trackday car 215072047_Fs
mk1 mr2 trackday car 1095737271_Fs
mk1 mr2 trackday car 1553394513_Fs
mk1 mr2 trackday car 193054091_Fs
mk1 mr2 trackday car 797918005_Fs
mk1 mr2 trackday car 1387270038_Fs
mk1 mr2 trackday car 1657451377_FB
Back to top Go down
Delstigy
Delstigy

Number of posts : 22
Drives : Slow ass civic dx
Registration date : 2008-08-14

PostSubject: Re: mk1 mr2 trackday car   mk1 mr2 trackday car EmptySat Sep 20, 2008 3:34 pm

Congrats pal, looks a little minter!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.mcr-vtec.co.uk
craig
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
craig

Number of posts : 37
Drives : Diesel Punto :)
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: mk1 mr2 trackday car   mk1 mr2 trackday car EmptySat Sep 20, 2008 11:03 pm

Thats well cool mate. The stock suspension looks like it rolls a lot like you said, but i bet it still hangs on very well in the corners Smile
Back to top Go down
neil c

Number of posts : 17
Drives : nissan 200sx s14
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: mk1 mr2 trackday car   mk1 mr2 trackday car EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 8:27 pm

cheers guys. ye hangs on very well through the corners, but only as long as its driven smoothly otherwise it has some killer understeer!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mk1 mr2 trackday car   mk1 mr2 trackday car Empty

Back to top Go down

mk1 mr2 trackday car
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Japanese Car Enthusiasts and Owners :: The Galleries :: Members Cars/Projects Gallery-
Jump to: